Roles and Responsibilities
This role has both client facing and internal responsibilities. The overall requirement is that of a person who has experience in a broad range of technologies (web and non-web) and business domains and deep expertise in a few. In a client facing role this person should able to do the following with finesse
- Understand the business and technical requirements and propose a winning technology solution
- Estimate the effort and cost of the proposed solution
- Consult the client to solve their business and technical problems and not just accept solutions given by. In cases where the clients propose a solution the Solution architect should be able to validate and give independent opinion
- Come across as a technology expert and thought leader who can provide solutions independently and using the most relevant technologies
- Show deep understanding of technology solutions related to at least one business domain like – Banking, Telecom among others
- Make use of their excellent communication skills to make presentations to CXOs including CIOs, CTOs and CEOs to convince them of the value of the proposed solution(s)
- Provide solutions support to the sales team in preparing proposals
In the Internal facing role, this person should be able to do the following
- Define & document both functional and non-functional technical architecture, High Level Design as inputs for the engineering team to do low level design
- Provide guidance on, review and revisit the best practices, frameworks and tools relevant to the organization’s chosen domains and technologies. If necessary develop new
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry changes in technology standards, information management, development standards, methods and emerging 3rd party software in order to advise on technology and leverage industry best practice in the design.
- Explain and effectively communicate the architecture to the engineering team in order to ensure that the solution is properly understood and implemented
- Guide the development team on best practices
- Review architecture done by others
- Help in capability building by training less experienced technical resources and hiring high quality technical resources including architects
Desired Skills and Experience
- Around 10 years’ experience in design, architecture and implementation of complex, fault-tolerant and high-available systems (web and non-web) on Windows, Linux/Unix, and/or other platforms relevant to their domain expertise
- A minimum of four years in a professional senior technical role such as technical lead, team lead, architect, or other hands on leadership role ideally for a major consultancy or system integrator.
- Experience in architecting cloud based solutions and cloud enabling existing systems
- Experience of developing Services Orientated Architectures (SOA)
- Knowledge of Enterprise Architecture methodologies such as TOGAF or the equivalent with a formal qualification in technology. Knowledge industry relevant frameworks for telecom or banking is highly desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in architecting for requirements like performance, scalability, flexibility and extensibility. Knowledge and experience in creating solutions for at least one business domain
- Excellent understanding of modern Agile as well of traditional waterfall methods
- Excellent knowledge of various development and Web Services frameworks
- Excellent knowledge of modern development and collaboration tools like JIRA, Confluence etc.
- Working knowledge of infrastructure including servers, storage, firewalls, load balancers, routers, etc.
- Experiencing in assessing a broad range of information solutions and products including but not limited to document management, collaboration and content management, E Commerce, payment systems, billing, web based line of business applications etc.
- Experience of working with people of different cultures and/or located remotely. Ability to collaborate with remote workers and show tolerance and respect for culture and linguistic differences.
- Strategic business acumen and understanding of organization strategy and ability to design information systems to delivery that strategy
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral – with ability to explain technical concepts to lay audiences and technical experts alike. Some experience of with working with board level stakeholders.
- Self-starter with the ability to appropriately prioritize and plan complex work in a rapidly changing environment
- Results oriented with ability to produce solutions that deliver organizational benefit
- Strong critical thinker with problem solving aptitude.
Provide efficient solution architect to client and management
ExperienceAbove 10 Years