The SCRUM Master’s major responsibility is in leading teams of software developers/testers/analysts working within a broad range of development projects for our varied client base. The team normally operates within an AGILE framework (predominantly using SCRUM and variants thereof). The SCRUM Masters may find themselves overseeing several distributed agile teams and team leads and will be involved with prioritizing multiple, frequently conflicting priorities across Software Development projects. This is a 6-12 months contract position and candidate may be absorbed as a permanent employee at the end of contract.
- Undertake the role of a Scrum Master within Agile projects or perform a more formal Development
- Manager/Technical PM role within more iterative/RUP or waterfall projects. (Predominantly projects will be Agile).
- Facilitate Scrum ceremonies (planning, sprint review, sprint demo etc) or project meetings, inviting the correct people and ensuring that the stakeholders understand and are able to execute their responsibilities.
- Assist the Product Owner/Customer/ Analyst in maintaining and prioritising requirements.
- Accountable for the allocation and tracking of work between the team members to ensure timeliness of the delivery and early escalation of issues.
- To remove barriers and impediments from the team so the team can operate effectively.
- To marshal the Application Lifecycle Management system ensuring the work is correctly broken down to the necessary granularity and ensuring that progress information is up to date at all times.
- To manage risk within the delivery team.
- Provide a point of escalation and coordination for the Project Management community, over and above the day to day interaction as part of the sprint process.
- To own the environment in which the development team operates, continually looking for improvements in the physical environment, tools and approaches.
- To work with the operational teams to ensure that the products developed may be transitioned into operations smoothly and effectively.
- To work up and down the organisation to promote a proactive Agile development environment.
- To evangelise and undertake coaching for Agile teams both within the organisation and to our clients.
- To provide necessary progress reports and interpretation and recommendations as a result of these reports.
- Line management of the Development team in a matrix environment. Overseeing the mentoring, coaching of team members and supporting their career progression.
- Maintain an accurate supply and demand forecast and ensure that the project team is prepared to meet the needs of the business.
- Strengthen the presence of our team as an Agile centre of excellence.
- Support bids, providing estimates and helping to assure bid documentation.
- Provide a contact point for engagement with the delivery centre and build relationships with key stakeholders from outside the delivery centre to improve the way the organisation engage with the delivery centre.
Mandatory Skills and Experience
- Agile development methods (e.g. Scrum / DSDM / XP / Kanban)
- Expert understanding of Software Development lifecycle and best practices (TDD,BDD, source control.
- Change management, requirements management, release management, environments control)
- Agile tooling (Jira etc)
- Automation (Continuous Integration)
- Professional Qualification (degree or significant industry experience)
- Experience of end to end solution development in a commercial environment
- Excellent inter-personal, negotiation, communication and conflict management skills
- Excellent analytical skills (listening, questioning, challenging, modelling etc.)
- Experience of delivering development projects on time and within budget.
- Able to brief up to Executive level with ease
- Able to chair and manage workshops and meetings
Other Desirable Skills and Experience
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience surrounding the practical application of automated testing techniques (Cucumber, Selenium, QTP etc.)
- Experience surrounding the practical application of DevOps tooling (Puppet / Cloud environments etc.)
- Commercial acumen
SkillsSCRUM, AGILE, Application Management